Odd Thomas

Odd Thomas - Dean Koontz This was a great book. I had a hard time putting it down. The only drawback I can see, and it actually adds to the book in a way since it directly relates to Odd's character, is that he jumps around a lot in his thoughts, going into a long speel about a past event with his Grandmother or someone, while in the middle of some other part of the story that's got nothing to do with that person. At first, this bugged me a little, but after awhile, it endeared me more to Odd, allowed me to "get into his head" more, as we all well know that our own thoughts are often random and jumbled like this, and often have nothing to do with the situation at hand. Again, the only reason I found this a slight drawback in the beginning is that all these new characters and situations were being introduced, and if I wanted to go back and look up something I previously read about a character mentioned later, it could be anywhere... this is definitely one of those books where I used a post-it in the back of the book to note page numbers where key characters and some of their distinguishing characteristics were first introduced.

But now that I brought that up, I would have to say that that's probably the only reason I didn't give it a 10. Because the story itself was great! Suspenseful, quirky, touching, all those words come to mind when I think back over the story. I'm sure it's one of those books that'll remain with me for awhile to come.