Rincewind the Wizzard

Rincewind the Wizzard - Terry Pratchett This 4-in-1 volume contains the following Rincewind books: The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic, Sourcery, and Eric. Since I'd already read and reviewed The Colour of Magic separately, my reviews below will include only reviews of the last 3 individually, as I reviewed them back then.

The Light Fantastic
My Rating: 7 out of 10 stars
I thought Pratchett would've done well to include The Light Fantastic as part of The Colour of Magic instead of as a separate book since it was pretty short and picked up right where The Colour of Magic left off. I read this as part of a 4-in-1 volume entitled Rincewind the Wizzard which I borrowed from the library, and which contains the first 4 books of the the Discworld's Rincewind series: The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic, Sourcery, and Eric. (I've still got to read the last two.)

Like I already stated, The Light Fantastic picks up right where The Colour of Magic left off, and completes the tale of Rincewind and Twoflower's travels through the Discworld. A lot of things begun in the first book, and a lot of loose ends, are resolved in this one, and the ending brings the story to a satisfactory close. Following in form to the first book, this one adapts the same Pratchett sense of dry British humour that I enjoyed so much in The Colour of Magic. Overall, an enjoyable read that leaves me looking forward to more of the Discworld.

Sourcery
My Rating: 7 out of 10 stars
I liked this one about as much as I liked the others in the Rincewind sub-series, that is to say, it was pretty good with a few laughs to boot. I like that we're beginning to learn a little more about Rincewind and see a little deeper into his character, and some of the new characters were interesting as well. I hope that Conina appears in later books.

Eric
Another great story from Pratchett, albeit a bit shorter than the others. If anything, it’d qualify more as a short story as I can’t see them really making a book out of something that, at least in hardcover form, was only 93 pages.